Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mobsters and Muffins



These are by far, the best pumpkin chocolate chip muffins I have ever made. I usually make them multiple times in the fall, when pumpkin is plentiful; but today was a special day. I made pumpkin juice in anticipation of a Harry Potter potluck, and had leftover pumpkin. So, naturally, I got a compulsive baking urge. The best part of these muffins is that they're vegan. And completely delightful with a brewed cup of Steve & Harry's coffee. To give credit, where credit is due - I found the recipe from the blog Whipped!

The link: http://whippedtheblog.com/2009/01/11/vegan-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins/.

And, over a muffin and nice cup of coffee, my sister and I came up with a fabulous New Years' Eve party idea. Since most of my friends will be home for Christmas this year, I thought it would be the ideal time to have a get together. And, what better than a themed party? While this is still in the making, I reserve all rights as the creative, executive force for this party. I will know if you steal my idea... We're thinking of a 1920's themed "Night in a Speakeasy". (Still thinking of a crafty title). The evening would require 1920's garb (i.e. flapper dresses, long beads, finger curled hair, fedoras, suits, the whole nine yards). Ideally, we would have an open, age-appropriate "bar" and two separate poker tables. Where my sister, who also volunteered her husband, would be our card dealers. I'll keep you posted on the details to come.

Official NY count: 43 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.