Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring break, part one: Paris, France.

I've found my favorite city. I fell in love with Paris. I was thrilled to start my spring break out with a trip to the city of lights. And what an amazing city! The streets sang, the buildings laughed, and the lights danced. It's such a romantic place to be. I just wanted to soak in every street musician, every monument, and every word of French I heard. I ended up traveling the first leg of my spring break with my roommate, Juliet. We flew into Paris on Thursday night, and stayed in a lovely airbnb near the Latin Quarter. On Friday morning, we walked everywhere. 



Notre Dame:



The inside of the cathedral is just gorgeous. 


And, a dream since I was a little girl: I wore a blue dress in front of the Eiffel Tower. 



Arc di Triomph:


The Louvre:




We found this plaque, dedicated to my great grandpa, generations back, over the spot where he had his first apothecary shop. The plaque reads, "Ici naquiet en 1575 Louis Hebert 1st colon en acadie et a Quebec" - translates to born here in 1575, Louis Hebert, the first settler of Acadia and Quebec. 

Hebert was the first permanent settler in Quebec. He died in 1627. 


The Paris Opera House - the infamous setting of the Phantom of the Opera




We saw the Moulin Rouge and climbed Montmartre:








Since my spring break was quite extensive, I'm creating a post for each city. After Paris, I headed to northern England to see my best friend Mauri, who is going to school in York, and my brother Sean, who's currently living in Sheffield.

You can find my next post here: England!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.