Friday, January 6, 2012

Roots

I am happy to report that Idaho is just as I remembered it. I do, in fact, remember how to drive a stick shift. I still know the shortcuts to anywhere you want to go, what roads to take and what lane on 17th street is the fastest. I have run into multiple people I know at every place I've been to, and the feeling of home hasn't changed a bit. Home itself has been a little shuffled and changed. My mother, staying true to her character has already rearranged our basement, but that just makes me happier.

Idaho Sign!

The drive from Salt Lake was filled with all the anticipation of arriving home, and I could hardly wait to walk through my front door after a night of no sleep, a 5 hour flight and a 3.5 hour drive. And the wait was worth it. Arriving home was wonderful. It was just as I remembered it, and I slept with my feather comforter for the first time in months. Since arriving home, I have made myself multiple cups of tea with an actual tea kettle (not a microwave!), taken baths, left my stuff around the house because there is actual space to do so, and baked! I happened to make the most beautiful (and tasty, if I do say so) loaves of banana bread. 

Yes, my state is gorgeous.

The only disappointing thing is the lack of snow... I'm really surprised that this is all we have. :( Normally there are piled up heaps by our driveway from all the shoveling we've done. However, the comforts of home have kept me so joyous and content that I've just tried to ignore the little snow we have. 


It's biting cold, though, and I certainly don't miss having to scrape windows and start my car 15 minutes before I leave to get anywhere. Ahhh the benefits of living in a big city...


This is my favorite view in my house - staring out the front window to the yard when the Christmas lights are on. :)


And the thing I leave you with...


Thank you, Lauren Krauss for the link to this video.

♥ Emily

1 comment:

  1. That woman sounds like she's been smoking since she was 12 years old.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.