Sunday, January 22, 2012

Back in the swing of things...

It is so good to be back. And what a trip it was! I came home to some beautiful snow. I've discovered that one of the most peaceful things in this city is an early morning snow.

This picture courtesy of Curtis Reynolds. 

Being back is so refreshing. Life has already gotten crazy busy again and by the end of this week, classes will be in full swing! Rehearsal for Street Scene starts Tuesday, and I couldn't be more thrilled. Although I've only been back a day, I feel like I never left. I met up with some lovely friends for dinner last night, and we had some great conversation and cheap Chinese food. (I'm sorry. I couldn't resist the alliteration.) After dinner I met up with my sister to see the closing night of a steam punk opera, Miranda. The show was wonderfully done. It was a cast of 7, and all of them played some sort of instrument. They functioned as both the orchestra and the actors. The show itself was a murder mystery and you, the audience, were the jury. We got to convict one of three suspects for murdering Miranda. The voices for the most part were impressive. The father was an incredible counter-tenor. The show itself was beautifully done, very artistic, and I had never seen anything really steam punk before, so it was fascinating. 

After meeting up with Ben and Lauren for brunch this morning and exchanging all our crazy, wonderful, bad, and in-between winter break stories, we went grocery shopping. I can say, I didn't miss ridiculously long lines at Trader Joe's or cranky Whole Foods cashiers. Lauren and I spent the rest of the afternoon catching up, and I have an evening of work ahead of me. I have more super exciting news. I'm visiting Mauri this Spring! Over my Spring break, Cheyenne and I are going to head to England together! Tickets have been purchased, and the planning has begun. I can hardly wait. Mauri stayed in England this Christmas, so it was odd not having her home. However, I can't wait for the vacation! 

It's back to Sunday blog posts, and there's a busy week ahead, so be prepared for next week. :)

All my love,
Emily 

England countdown: 47 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.