Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Paper chains and "Patti" cakes.

The Tree.
The weeks are getting longer and longer, and finals are quickly approaching! Needless to say, it's been extremely busy around here, since work has picked up for the holiday season and studying has been crazier than ever. This week I had the wonderful opportunity to see the Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting, thanks to a special "employees and friends" event at the Rock Center Anthropologie! It was so beautiful. The tree is amazing up close. Next week I'll give a special Christmas-in-my-dorm-room post. It'll include all the cute decorations I've slaved away at. Be prepared.

Christmas is so close, I can almost taste it. But really... the gingerbread men cookies from Trader Joe's have become mine and my roommate's staple this season. Mmmm. So good. This weekend we rushed Patti LuPone and Mandi Patinkin on Broadway. It was a great amount of fun. The show was lovely and intimate to the audience - it was as if they were performing in the company of good friends. And on Saturday, I was graced with the company of an old friend from high school! Manda Lee was in the city with her mom and some of their friends, and they were gracious enough to meet me for coffee! It was absolutely delightful to see her again, and from what she told me, it sounds like she had a fabulous time in New York. :)

I'm keeping this post short and sweet. Wishing I could be home for Christmas! (And missing the snow that New York seems to forget exists).

"As long as there's someone left on this Earth to remember you, it's never over."

All my love,
Emily♥

Christmas Countdown: 18 days!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Mandy Patinkin!!! I liked him when he was in ER and I loved it when he would sing - very different kind of actor.

    Kathy P. (Tennessee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I forgot he was in the Princess Bride which is loved by our family.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.