Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hollow skies

Well folks, I promised Christmas decorations, and here they are!! :) 
Mary's little tree!
Advent calendar courtesy of Ben Bartels. :)


Drawn by Anna and Katie. So cute!


My corner of the room!
Our stockings!
My ever-so festive desk
My roommates could tell you better than I how many paper chains I crafted this Christmas. I also made one for the floor bulletin board. I just love paper chains. My roomies and I did a Secret Santa gift exchange, and we had a room party and opened our stockings and listened to Christmas music. It was precious. I love these girls! They're so great. Amanda had me, and she got me an adorable headpiece (you know how much I love those things!) And a grow-your-own coffee kit. Hah!

This week has been insanely long. It's finals week, and there is just so much to do! Last weekend was filled with auditions and performances. My floor put on Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, which was an absolute blast. For pictures, see my Facebook. We had so much fun putting it together, and the music was fabulous. Our musician, Eddy, is a composition major in Steinhardt - he played the piano and the keyboard at the same time. Everyone was really fun to work with, and our cute little cardboard box set pieces worked out very well.


I also received the most amazing care package from home this week! I was so blessed to receive three packages on the same day. One contained the cute drawings from Katie and Anna that you saw above, with boxes of cereal. Mmmm. My second package was filled with all sorts of things from home! Mom sent some Christmas gifts and decorations, and more food! As shown to the side and below, my package was tremendously generous! I now have enough boxes of tea and granola bars to last me until the end of the next semester! (Or at least through winter break). The gingerbread ornament that you see with the gold string is something I crafted in 5th grade. I laughed so hard when I pulled it out of the box! I put so much work into her, and I'll never forget how excited I was when I created her. I thought she looked much classier back then...

I also got some earrings and a beautiful treble clef pin, an herbal pack that you heat in the microwave (adorable), some snowmen picture holders and really yummy smelling sachets! :)

My third package was a Christmas present from my good friend, Lance! He sent me the book "Jesus + Nothing = Everything" by Tullian Tchividjian. (How to pronounce that last name... your guess is as good as mine). I am so excited to read it! Speaking of reading material... I'm so close to finishing Inheritance. I've been slowly savoring the story, but my slow reading is actually the fault of all the insane amounts of school work and finals that had to happen this week! Very close though! I'm hoping to have it done this weekend when I have time to breathe.

I have much more to share, but lack the time, so I'm saving my end of the week adventures for my Sunday post! Additionally, I apologize for the lateness of this post. It was supposed to come out on Sunday, but I had to finish decorating before I showed you my Christmas spirit!



"For the sky is hollow, and the world is round"

Dancing through life,
Emily

Christmas Countdown: 9 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.