Sunday, September 11, 2011

Silent City...

It's been quite a thought-provoking day. Today, everything seems sacred. In an unnerving way the city is quiet. And though I've been home almost all day, the idea of the events that took place ten years ago are still impacting me. This week was wonderful. Slowly, but surely, I'm conquering my piles of homework. I have way too many pages of Italian Diction to read... instead, I'm devoting my time to a blog post. You should feel special. 

I went to the cutest little bookstore on the corner of 12th and Broadway before class on Wednesday. It's called Strand. They sell new and used books, and they have a great corner of legitimate classics with classy hardcovers. (To Mauri: I'm keeping an eye out for Great Expectations for youuu. Which I'm also reading on my Kindle app.) I bought Gulliver's Travels for $5.00. If I'm not careful, most of my time (and money) will be spent there. This Saturday, my floormates and I went to see Hair on Broadway. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. The musical is a 'concept musical' (thanks, Ben) so it contains little to no plot. Just a message. And for me, the staging and choreography was very messy. Maybe it was just for the overall effect of the show, but I was let down. Nevertheless, I have another Playbill to add to my collection. 


Oh hey, Times Square. I didn't see you there.
Twice this weekend, I had the opportunity to hang out with some more of my vocal performance friends! I'm really starting to love our group. We had a lovely birthday party for Kaylee on Saturday night. We ended up listening to each other sing, and watching Breakfast at Tiffany's. Here's Times Square. I had to snap a photo of it for everyone back home. I felt like a tourist while doing so.

The feeling of Fall is in the air... and I'm inexplicably excited for the time of wearing sweaters and boots and hats. Yay, hats! My first voice lesson is tomorrow. And I'm starting a new countdown... the release of Inheritance... which I've pre-ordered to be shipped to my dorm. Dinner and Italian Diction now await me. 


Official Inheritance count: 57 days.  Ha. :)


2 comments:

  1. Emily, I think your blog is darling. Have fun on the adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe and I will join you in your inheritance count down! Sounds like you're really enjoying New York...hopefully we'll get to come and visit you sometime and you can show us around...that way we won't have to look like silly tourists :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.