Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week Five: Bologna and Pisa

I spent the weekend adventuring all over the place. Friday I went to Bologna. I absolutely loved Bologna. Bologna is a very metropolitan city, it's the largest city in the Emilia-Romagna Region, and it's home to the oldest university in the world. We got to tour the university, and Bologna's city hall, both of which are beautiful. 



This is from the City Hall. The architecture is just incredible. 




This is the room where most civil disputes are settled. 


I found an Emily-sized sofa. 



This is the room you would get married in for a civil ceremony.




The room below is in the university, it's the room of anatomy, and it was used for all medical classes. There are statues of notable people carved in the wall all around the room. 


During World War II, part of the building was destroyed. However, this room suffered a fairly small amount of damage. You can see evidence of a fire on the wood in the picture above. 


I climbed the Bell Tower in Bologna! This is the view from the top.



Today, I went to Pisa! In my absent-minded, half-ignorant, surprise of this trip, I didn't plan anything. Juliet and I expected to step off of the train and see the tower. What we didn't realize was that we had no maps and had no idea where the tower actually was. 

Well, I can tell you... if you walk around long enough you'll find it. 



It was actually cooler than I expected. I really wanted to climb it, but I didn't think it was worth 18 euro. 



Making fun of tourists. I have an entire album of funny tourists on my Facebook page. Feel free to check it out, like some pictures and gift me with comments. 


My favorite of all time is this one:




Overall, a fairly successful weekend of adventuring. Pisa and Bologna: conquered. 


L'Italia e bella, 

♥ Em




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.