Monday, February 25, 2013

Week Four: Weekending in Madrid.

My roommate, Juliet, and I visited Madrid this weekend. It was quite the adventure. We flew out of Pisa on Friday, spent Friday afternoon finding food, a Starbucks (ha.) and trying to avoid the rain. Saturday we were graced with beautiful weather, and took full advantage of the sunshine. 


This is my friend Mike! He goes to NYU Madrid, and was such an awesome tour guide while we were there. He took us to this outside bar/cafe, where we got some tasty drinks. He also took us to "El Tigre", this amazing bar that gives you free tapas. So much food. 


Here's an awesome building I really liked. 


And more Madrid architecure...




Obelisk that read "For the children", I believe. 



Basking in the Spanish sun, we went to Retiro Park, as you'll see below. 







The park is gorgeous. For 7.50 we rented a boat and took it out on this lake! 


And the ever-so-classic churros & chocolate combo. Mmmm. 



Saturday afternoon, we visited the Museo del Prado. Museo del Prado is huge. I think we spent 2 hours and only covered a quarter of the museum. This was a cool church right next to the museum. 


And in the Parque del Retiro, was this amazing Glass House. 


As much as I love sangria and tapas, my host mom's Italian cooking was much welcomed by the end of the weekend.

Always adventuring,
♥ Em


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.