Sunday, November 13, 2011

First breath of Fall.

Good ol' Washington Square.
I finally stepped on the first crunchy leaves of fall yesterday. I was walking through the park the other day when I realized that the leaves were actually (and finally) falling off the trees! It was beautiful - a huge gust of wind sent a bunch of leaves raining down. The trees have all turned to beautiful oranges and yellows – that have been reflected in almost every outfit I’ve been wearing. I just can’t get enough of those fall colors.

 Mom and Dad sent me a package this week and it was so wonderful. They sent my last two winter coats, and some yummy cranberries, banana chips and a granola bar. Thanks, Mom and Dad! Miss you bunches. Aren't they so cute? I love the notes. :)










I haven’t been able to read Inheritance as much as I would’ve liked, because I’ve been so busy with work and school and rehearsal for New Student Cabaret, which is next week! On Wednesday the composer of one of the songs we’re singing, Joe Iconis, came to our rehearsal and worked with us a bit on the song. If you’ve never heard of his stuff, please go look up the song, “Last on Land – Joe Iconis” on YouTube. Even better, I’ll give you the link. Now all you need to do is click and enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-3b4JXDqJE.
Working with him was a great experience. I'm so excited for our show.

My roommate and I are hoping to make an artistic map of the West Village. We’re going to scope out the neighborhood, find our favorite restaurants, coffee shops, stores, buildings, and all the nooks and crannies in between. Then we’re going to draw up a map, create our own key, and hang it in our room. We’re very excited. Problem is… I’ve been so busy that we haven’t had enough exploration time. When we do explore some more, I’ll be certain to include all the new restaurants and shops that we discover.

Today I saw the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular. It was, in a word, spectacular. Hah. Definitely worth seeing. This awesome picture was taken by Lauren. Uptown is almost all ready for Christmas! Store windows have holiday displays and (as you can see) Radio City is decked out in holiday gear. I'm going to the tree lighting at Rock Center on the 30th of November, so stay tuned! Because that will be a blog post you won't want to miss. Speaking of Christmas... it's time for a new countdown! My official Christmas count begins today! Last night I made a paper chain out of sheet music and it's currently hanging on my desk. Also, I'm soon going to purchase Christmas lights to hang around my window, and I just cut out some gold stars from tissue paper. I haven't decided what purpose they'll serve yet, however. Stay tuned for pictures of my cute decorations.

"Be joyful in hope, patient in trouble, and persistent in prayer."

With joy,
Emily

Christmas Countdown: 41 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.