Thursday, April 26, 2012

As the winter winds litter London with lonely hearts...

The long-awaited, much anticipated account of our outing in London. Since this took an entire month to post, I do extend my apologies. I hope you enjoy our brief (yet picture filled) journey through the brilliant streets of London.

Our first stop was Camden Market, which was really awesome. And weirdly enough, it reminded me of Brooklyn. We window shopped at the market and took lots of pictures.

The Eye!
We did the "touristy" thing (which feels weird... coming from tourist central New York) and saw the Eye, Big Ben, Parliament, Buckingham Palace, Piccadilly Circus... and the like. It was incredible. We had some remarkable macaroons and tea at a place called Laduree. I had a raspberry one with a glass of sweet wine. Mmm.


And now for more touristy pictures!

Buckingham Palace


Big Ben
We ended the evening grabbing dinner at a quaint Italian restaurant that had some tasty dishes. But! Before we could return to dear old Yorkshire, I just had to visit Platform Nine and Three-Quarters at King's Cross. Oh, yes, folks. It exists. 



I miss it very dearly. England was absolutely incredible to visit. Not to mention how much I miss my best friend, Mauri. I can't wait to go back!

♥ Em

Coming home: 19 days!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.